Righteous and compassionate God, whose goodness and truth are unwavering and whose compassion remains steadfast: We cringe today before private and public corruption and blantant cruelty that threaten our nation and world. Dishonesty, greed, and hate are applauded while personal integrity, generosity, and compassion are viewed as weakness. Disturb our consciences, purge our greediness, and melt the hardness of our hearts. Grant us a renewed vision of your dream for the world:
• Where all people are treated with inherent worth and dignity as your beloved children
• Where all barriers among us are removed and the human family is one
• Where integrity and honesty prevail in private and public life
• Where creation is healed and enabled to flourish as you intend
• Where justice rolls down like waters and righteousness like a cascading stream and all are welcomed at your table of abundance
• Where your kingdom comes on earth as it is in heaven!
Through your grace, O God, empower us to live now in the light of your dream brought near in Jesus Christ, in whose name we pray. Amen
This is why I love Bishop Ken Carder- he never fails to inspire and comfort and challenge me.
It is incredibly sustaining to me to read and then pray these words. They help me to feel in close and dear relationship with all others who are absorbing these words this morning and who are praying them. I am thankful for Ken through whom God has blessed us and through whom God has shared God’s vision, love, and hope.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Prayer for God’s Dream – Making Room for Adventure